Saturday, January 16, 2010

Research: Mobile Music Concepts

I stumbled upon a few music-related concepts on Yanko Design today. This was done more as a way of seeing how other people are using technology in their concepts, and how they have managed to find an appropriate form surrounding such technologies. The products I found most interesting are as follows:

  1. KRE-8:
    What was interesting about this was the ability to separate the device into two parts and have the user use them as instruments themselves. I also liked the fact that when combined, the two pieces create one touch-screen display. I didn't however see much room for interaction with other people.

    Source
  2. Ondo:
    The device is fairly small/portable. It has a lot of functionality. Some parts seem intuitive while others don't. The form is interesting. Again, the ability for multi-user interaction seems to be lacking somewhat.

    Source
  3. Touchtable:
    This is a nice little unit. Basic interface. Intuitive. Small and portable. The cool thing with this is that the user has the option of networking 2 units to create a typical DJ setup. Again, no functionality for multi-user interaction.

    Source
  4. Maestro Projector:
    This isn't really a music peripheral device, however, the idea behind it is interesting. Using gestures similar to those used by a conductor of an orchestra, the user can interact with a song being played. This interaction is only limited to basic MP3 functionality (Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, etc...). There is a lot of potential for this to be used a music creation device, in my opinion. Once again, it is lacking the multi-user experience that I'm trying to include in my own project.

    Source

No comments:

Post a Comment